HOW TO BECOME A BLOGGER STEP BY STEP: WRITING A POST (IV)
Continued with the post where I explain how we can become bloggers, today we are going to talk about how to write a post correctly. First I will explain 6 aspects to consider before writing a post. And then I’ll explain the different types of content possible.
6 ASPECTS TO CONSIDER WHEN WRITING A POST.
- Quality before quantity. Writing a post requires time and knowledge. It is better to write little and good than much and without any interest. If you opt for the first option, you will gradually achieve a community of users around your blog. Whoever reads you may subscribe to your RSS, the newsletter, your social networks, etc. And if you opt for the second, maybe at a specific time, you can attract visitors, but if the content disappoints, as they say: “one (visit) and no more.”
- The frequency of publication. Ideally, at least 1 times a week, but possibly due to lack of time you cannot publish as often. Although at the beginning it is even recommended two or more publications. If we want to achieve some influence and number of visits, we must strive. Anyway, the minimum recommended is 2 publications per month.
- Originality. Be creative and add value. What you publish must always be original, own content. Forget about copying and pasting the content of others. If you are going to do that, you better not waste your time. You will be cheating your readers, and in the end, it will harm you.
- It includes graphic or multimedia material. Videos, infographics, images … will help you make the content more attractive and easy to consult.
- Extension. Between 800 and 1,200 words is advisable. But if you extend a little more, nothing happens. Although if you see that in the end, you have a post that is too long then choose to divide it into two and identify them by (I) and (and II).
- Despacito and good lyrics. Try to write easily. Your readers will thank you. It is important that you express yourself correctly and that the idea you want to convey is understood as well as possible.
It is important to add that everything mentioned above also influences the organic positioning of our blog.
TYPES OF CONTENT (ALWAYS RELEVANT AND OF INTEREST).
- Opinion articles or reflections. A blog is a space where one or several authors express their opinion on those aspects that they consider appropriate according to the theme of their blog. That is why it is logical and common that the entries that are published are opinion pieces or that the author presents his point of view on a current issue.
- Didactic articles. That is articles, where who, sign it explains some aspect of interest to its readers. As we saw in the article “6 ideas to inspire you before writing a post (III)”, readers often ask us questions via email, through social networks or in the comments of a post. We can answer them in a post. Surely that same concern also has other followers.
- Videos or multimedia content. A video blog is a blog format where content is published as a video. If we have resources and capacity for it, it is highly recommended, since it is better remembered and generates more credibility of the audiovisual content than the writing.
- The listings are usually very recurring sources of information and that is very well received among the audience. Who has not ever read an article entitled “The 10 best restaurants”, “The 5 best movies of all time” or “The 10 best places to go on vacation”?
- The interviews. If you have the possibility to interview prestigious professionals in your sector, this will be a content of interest for your blog. But it is important, although not essential, that the interview is justified, that there is some reason for it, for example, that you have just published a book, that you participate in a congress, that you have obtained some recognition …
- Reviews or recommendations. If you are a travel blogger, gastronomic, fashionable. visiting a place, reading the last book of a prestigious author or viewing the latest film by a famous director can be the perfect excuse to write a post. But beware! Your opinions must be honest if you don’t want to lose your credibility. If you allow yourself to be tempted indiscriminately by the brands that offer you some reward in exchange for prescribing their products or services, your readers will lose interest.
- Studies. The studies, whether made by themselves or by a prestigious organization, are valuable content. But not only the data itself, but the interpretation you make of them.
- Images or image galleries. If the theme of your blog lends itself to the image (gastronomy, fashion, tourism, art, etc.) you are in luck. A picture is worth a thousand words and is the content that works best on social networks.
- News in the scoop . Who strikes first strikes twice. If you are the first to publish news of interest to your readers, you will be assured of success. Your community will quickly visualize it, if it is relevant and novel content, thus increasing the number of visits and your notoriety and social media influence. In addition, other sites will echo the news, citing you as an original source, so that you will be able to generate quality and natural link building, thus improving your SEO positioning. But getting a scoop is not easy. If you make your blog a benchmark in its field, it is possible that certain brands or companies may “reward” you with unpublished content so that you both benefit.
Possibly there are other types of content for a blog entry. Here I have described 9, but if you want, tell us others and I’ll add them to the list