SOCIAL MEDIA TRICKS TO IMPROVE YOUR ONLINE MARKETING
The good thing about being a community manager is that you never stop learning. The more you investigate, read or share knowledge with other colleagues, you realize how much you still have to know. I am sorry to tell you that we will never know everything about digital marketing, social networks and everything they contain.
Today I want to share 50 social media tricks that you probably didn’t know – some of them sure – that will help you improve the daily management of your social networks. I will talk specifically about certain aspects of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google My Business.
10 TRICKS TO BETTER MANAGE YOUR BUSINESS FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK
- Verification of Facebook fan pages. You don’t have to be a great company or brand to verify your fan page. Doing so is very simple. Go to “Settings” and in the third option “Verification of the page” you will be given the option to verify it through the telephone number that appears in the “Information” section. As soon as you click “Call” you will receive a call with a code on that phone. Indicate in the box the code you have been told and, You already have your page verified!
- Segmentation of publications by languages if you target audiences who speak different languages or geographical areas when you want to reach an audience in a specific area. This will prevent you from posting a post with the same text in several languages. To do this you just have to segment by language before publishing or programming. In the case that this option does not appear, check the configuration, specifically: “ Public of the news section and visibility of the publications“
- Upload to the cover videos presenting your company or several attractive images in succession.
- If you manage a different advertising campaign of different clients, do it through Business Facebook. This is the tool that Facebook makes available to digital marketing agencies to securely manage different pages and/or advertising accounts.
- Never delete a negative comment, if you don’t want it to be visible, hide it, but whoever wrote it and your friends can still see it. If you do, it could turn against you since you will only get even angrier at your users. The first thing you should do in these cases is to answer the comment, but when it is offensive or lacks credibility, it is best to hide it, not delete it. The author and his friends will continue to see him, but not the rest of the followers.
- Rudeness filter. If your page, due to its theme, is prone to receive offensive comments, I recommend you check its configuration. In “rudeness filter” modify it to high and in “page moderation” put those that are likely to be written and that does not interest us: scam, scoundrel, theft, deception, and its derivatives with misspellings. Yes, do not hesitate to write “Sinberguenza”.
- User opinions or ratings. We refer to the assessments that users make about a business with a physical location and that, in addition to the comment, add an assessment. These, as long as they are positive, will help us improve the online reputation of the company and ensure that other users trust the company. It is important to know that they cannot be deleted. Just answer. If for the reason X we receive negative ratings, it is best to answer them with arguments, so that other users can create their own opinion. However, in case we don’t want it to appear, we have to choose to hide them all. As? In the page information, below the location map, you have the option:
- By adding different images in a link as a carousel, you can customize each of them with a different link. This is highly recommended for example for a fashion eCommerce. If you post a link to the category “Women’s Shoes”, you can share up to 5 photos, in this case, five different shoe models. And then, then, modify the link of each image to the one of the product file in question.
- If you want to publish a video, don’t publish the Youtube link, upload it directly. Facebook will reward you with a greater organic reach. He doesn’t like the content he directs to other sites.
- Create calls to action. Facebook offers us different options: send private messages, contact, register, call, Edit the one that best meets your interests.
- The milestones If one of the values of your company or brand is its history, enrich your page by telling the most important events or events.
- Private messages. Schedule an automatic message so that when someone writes you a message, you quickly get a response
- Customize tabs that target third-party APPs. A few posts ago I told you about those known as third-party applications to customize your fan page. Applications that add external content to our fan page. If you wish, you can modify the icon or change the order in which they are displayed. As? Display the menu of tabs on your page and click on “Manage Tabs”. Here you can change the name shown, the icon and the order.
- Upload animated gifs instead of JPGs. Obviously, this will be more expensive than simply creating an image in JPG, and therefore, higher cost, but the result is very attractive and will improve the engagement of the publication.
- If you are a community manager, the best way to learn is to see how the leading companies in each sector do it. To do this, create thematic lists of the pages that you are most interested in following.
TRICKS TO BETTER MANAGE YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT.
- Add the URL of your website in the BIO. In this way, you achieve a quality link that will help you improve your SEO.
- Analyze the interaction that each of your tweets achieves through Twitter Analitycs. This way you will know which are the contents that work best
- Mention correctly. Always add a “.” To the beginning of a tweet if the first word is a mention to another user.
- Tag, in a measured way, to other users in the images you publish. You can tag up to a maximum of 10 accounts, as long as you are providing a benefit to those who tag. The opposite would be SPAM.
- Use the animated gifs that Twitter mobile APP offers to create more attractive tweets.
- Make sure that when a blog post is shared, the title and featured image of the blog is displayed. To do this you have to insert the famous Twitter Cards on your website or configure them through the SEO plugin, Yoast.
TRICKS TO SUCCEED ON LINKEDIN.
Here you have some tips, although in future posts we will talk about how to successfully manage your presence in this professional social network.
- Customize the URL of your personal profile. It is something very simple but that many users do not take it into account. To do this you have to update your profile settings and create a custom URL. This will improve your personal brand and when communicating on your business card or email signature, it will be much easier.
- Add multimedia content to both your excerpt and your different posts. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you have videos where you present a project where you have participated or a conference that you have given or simply a presentation of a case study of your own success, add it to your excerpt or to the description of the job you are referring to.
- Describe in a concise and clear way your “Professional Title” and add keywords. Never put “Inactive job search” or “Looking for new projects.” You are a professional of yours. The only difference between those who are self-employed or employed by others is, unfortunately, you have no customers to sell your production to.
- Share your own content, from your company or from third parties. In this way, you will gain visibility among your contacts and it will be a way to show yourself as an expert in your field. If you want, you can use programming tools. I advise you Hootsuite.
- If you program with Hootsuite, you have the option to modify the link image. However, sometimes the option is not visible. When that happens to you, program it and then edit it. You will see how the option to change the image appears.
TRICKS TO BE A REAL YOUTUBER.
- Verify your channel. To do this you will only need a mobile phone number to link to and access this page: https://www.youtube.com/verify. This will allow you to upload videos of more than 15 minutes, add annotations, broadcast live events, etc.
- Optimize your videos for SEO. If you don’t know how I invite you to read the article “ How to optimize a YouTube video” .
- Group your videos into lists based on the theme.
- Customize the URL of your YouTube channel. To do this you must meet some requirements: exceed 100 subscribers, have a cover image and avatar, a minimum of 30 days or have linked your Google+ account with the YouTube channel.
- Customize the thumbnail image of your videos. This is another of the possibilities offered by verified accounts. This will increase the CTR of your videos. In most cases, users choose a video based on the image of the thumbnail.
- Create gifs with video clips. To do this you must add “gif” to the URL of the video, for example, www.gifyoutube.com/… So you will create your own original content for your posts on other social networks.
- Share a YouTube video from a specific moment. To do this you only have to add at the end of the URL “t = 20s” if you want it to start from the second 20, or t = 45s if it is from the second 45.
- Add a description to all the videos you upload. It is very important that, when you are uploading it, write at least the first paragraph. This, in addition to including keywords, should be a brief description of it.
TRICKS TO SUCCEED ON INSTAGRAM.
- Program your publications with tools such as Hootsuite, Metricool or Latergram.
- Create publications by way of games, raffles or quizzes to encourage interaction and improve reach.
- Use all the features that stories allow you to generate engagement: surveys, questions, announce a new post in the feed.
- Automate the responses of private messages. To do this you have to access configuration/company/ quick answers.
- Make repost the pictures that you like from other users with APP Repost for Instagram.
- If you want to download an image, I recommend the Insta Download APP.
- Automatically post your photos on Twitter or Facebook. This way you will make your account known to your followers. On Facebook, I only recommend it in personal profiles. In fan pages, better not, the reach will be smaller.
- Create your own collages with the Layout APP.
- Specialize in a topic that you are passionate about.
- Analyze which are the photos that your followers like most. One tool for this is www.iconosquare.com or use Instagram statistics if your account is business.
TRICKS TO BE VISIBLE IN GOOGLE MY BUSINESS.
- Get your customers to make positive reviews (4 or 5 stars). You can encourage them to leave you one, but without “buying them”. If from one day to another you get 10, Google will suspect and may penalize you.
- Answer all your opinions . If they are negative, with more reason, but always constructively.
- Keep updated all the information that appears on your file.
- Add attractive images of your facilities or your products.
- Insert the embedded map where the pushpin of your business location appears on your website.
- And the last, upload 360 views to your page, to do this, you have to contact a trusted Google photographer.
For my part, this is all about social media tricks to improve the management of your social networks. However, you know that in this blog it is the custom of the house to share knowledge about digital marketing, and everything that concerns you: SEO, Social Media, SEM, e-mail marketing.
If you want to add a trick, I will be happy to add it to the list. It’s your turn!